Monday, January 7, 2008

Game Table Overlay

When I designed the work bench I had always thought about making some sort of addition that I could add to it to make it a game table. Then I was further inspired when I saw my friends blog where he and his friend made a similar table.

So I have had this in the works for some time but it had to go behind some other projects. But its finlay finished and now we have a 3' x 6' work bench that can also be a 6' x 4 ' gaming table:

Game Table Overlay

The green is felt cloth.

Game Table Overlay

We bought the stools at Target.

Game Table Overlay

The pictures do not show the really bad parts of this project. During this project I learned allot about staining which I had never done before. Also I learned more about selecting wood. One of the sides bows a bit. When I selected the wood I didn't think it would be a problem but after I put it together one corner is not the best if you look at it the wrong way.

Thanks to Anna helping with the covering the table with felt. We first covered it with 1/2" batting then felt to give it a nice poker table feel. We decided it was too springy for games that were not cards so she took the felt off, removed the batting, and reattached the felt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joyce said...

I wish I had seen this in November . Good job . Mom

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!